Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yo Yo

This blog is like a yoyo. I come - I go - but I seem to always come back.

I have started another blog on Weight Watchers (WW). It's called "Too Much Empty Nest". Royston began a "Biggest Loser" contest and I decided I would use that motivation to lose 30 pounds. Some co-workers were on WW so I checked it out. I'm using the online version and love it (except when my computer goes wonky). So far I've had 2 weigh in's and have lost a total of 5 pounds.

DS has officially moved back in with us for a little while. Got too crazy in that house with so many people. He has lived in that type of situation before but this time it was with his best friend since high school and that was a recipe for disaster. He seems to be doing well on the job though and that's good. We don't see him much. He found a new girlfriend as soon as he moved back up here.

Talked to Baby Girl this week. She is volunteering at the zoo. Which I found out isn't a zoo really at all but a rehab place for animals that have been on the road - circus animals and such - or performing in theme parks. She cleans cages, washes tables and whatever they need her to do. I'm proud of her for doing that. Giving back is important and she has a soft spot for animals.

Granny and I were talking about her the other day. Every woman has doubts and fears about motherhood and I'm sure those have run through Sara's mind but Granny and I both agree we think she will be the best Mom. Of course she will struggle at first like we all do but once she gets the hang of it - and she will - she'll be great with those kids. They will be polite, she'll do fun creative stuff with them and she will love them with her whole heart and then some. And when they snuggle into her neck and she smells their baby smell and kisses their little cheek as they fall asleep and she knows that is her baby she will get what all mothers get in return. A bond so strong that until you are a mother you cannot even comprehend it.

Until next time ...

No comments: