Sunday, February 13, 2011

Here a Herb, There a Herb, Everywhere a Little Herb

All the little herbs
Greetings from The (growing) Hill,

My sister has a herb garden.  From time to time I've borrowed some fresh herbs and of course they can't be beat.  I also buy fresh herbs at the grocery but so often they go bad before I use them up.  Very frustrating.

The other day I saw a little herb garden kit.  Of course it was an exercise in hope as we all know I have a black thumb.  But I guess I'll never stop trying to grow things.

So with the utmost care I read the directions, planted the seeds, watered as instructed and watched the dirt for little heads popping out.  Sure enough in a few days I started to see sprouts.  YAY !!!!!

I moved the pot near the window and up they came.  Every morning I sprinkle warm water over them.  I have to rotate the pot because they lean toward the sun.

Today I took a picture. The new plants look like little trees pushing up from the forest floor.  I'm a proud mama.  I'll let you know when they are ready to use.

Later ...

No comments: