Saturday, May 20, 2006

Baby, that’s just life……

Right after Sara and Alex got married Alex had to spend 2 weeks in PA for Hazardous Material training. While he was gone Sara had to handle post wedding and pre college enrollment issues by herself. Name changing, financial aid, looking for a new job, etc. It was very stressful.

She called me one day with yet another issue that had popped up. All I could think of was “Baby, that’s just life. Stuff will always be popping up.” She got upset and hung up on me.

Of course she called back later and all was fine. Everything – except the dreaded FAFSA – worked out and all is happy in her world.

And then her father and I had our week…..

Monday I learned that the surgery Mom had schedule on her eye was actually this week, not next week like I thought. I had to make arrangements to take this Thursday off so I could take her for her follow up appointment.

Wednesday I had one of those piano lessons where my brain takes a mini-vacation. It would not recall notes that I know like the back of my hand. Site reading was slow and difficult. My teacher mercifully ended the lesson a little early. Very frustrating.

Mid week we learned that Randy’s parents have unexpectedly put their house on the market and want us to look for them a place to buy up here. I called a friend who is a real estate agent and now have multiple listings from the multi-list. We spent last evening riding around Jasper looking at potentials and will most likely need to do that again today to narrow the field down to the few that may have real potential.

This is the “drop dead” time to get invites out to the big party in the kids honor. I was going to spend the weekend creating lists, composing the invite, addressing envelopes, etc.

Toward the end of the week Randy called from work. Seems there was a little construction accident that caused roofing to fall on his truck. The first estimate is that there is $3000 worth of damage. So he should probably go today and get a couple more estimates.

Sara called Friday just to check in. She wanted to come over to bring her wedding dress back to our house. Seems her apt is a little too small to hold it. AND while she was here could I please help her with her FAFSA?????

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE……!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now.

So much dropped in our laps with little time to get it done. But what was that little piece of advice I gave my daughter just about a week ago?

Oh yeah…. “Baby, that’s just life. Stuff will always be popping up.”

Hanging up now….
Rhonda

No comments: