Sunday, May 14, 2006

Oops!!! Forgot a hat.... Post also includes a disclaimer

In my welcome post I mentioned that I wear many hats. I accidentally forgot one. We recently broke down and bought our first digital camera. So I can add the "beginning amateur photographer" hat to the list.

Since this blog is out here in the public I probably need to say the following: The photos posted on this blog - Dandelion Knoll at www.blogger.com - are the personal property of Rhonda Lindsey and may not be used without permission. If you wish to use please e-mail me.

There...I said it.

Ok, now let me show you something.

Randy and I were driving to D'vill recently and I noticed that the weeds in this field were in full bloom. I HAD to take a picture.

I LOVE this picture because it makes me think of my Grandma Fouts. She had a green thumb trimmed in gold. Everything she planted not only grew well but was absolutely the most beautiful it could be. Now me - I was born with a black thumb. I have cultivated a green one through effort but it doesn't come naturally. Anyway, one day when I was a kid walking around with Grandma, looking at all the pretty stuff, I pointed out this really pretty yellow flower. Grandma started laughing....turns out the "pretty flower" was a weed that she delighted in pulling up.

Funny isn't it...most folks want to get rid of dandelions but I love them. hhhhuuuummmm. Makes one think about the people you know. How many folks have we labeled "weed" when they are actually pretty yellow flowers? oops...stream of consciousness, sorry for the diversion.

Point being...I am beginning to look at things differently now that I carry a camera with me everywhere I go. Which, by the way, is courtesy of one of our church ladies. We were at Jasper Steak House one day several years ago and ran into her and her family - including her beautiful granddaughter. They asked us to join them, we did and had a wonderful, fun meal. Sometime during the meal she pulled a camera from her purse and started snapping pictures. Later on she gave us a copy of one with us in it. I was surprised - and delighted.

Now my mom has always been the camera junky in our family so I never had to be. If it wasn't for her we would have very few pictures of our kids. But mom is feeble nowadays and can't get out as much as she used to. So SOMEONE had to pick up the torch.

After we got the camera I found myself acting like our sweet church lady. I took it everywhere. And wanted to take pictures of everything. Matter of fact, Randy grumbled that I hog the camera so I started leaving it at home on his days off so he can have a turn.

I now feel the joy that mom has probably always felt but never told us about. It is so fun to take pictures. Who knew??!!??

So go take a picture of a Mom today.....
Rhonda

No comments: