Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sweet, Sweet and Sweeter

I have had three nice surprises the past couple of days. First I opened my e-mail to find a note from my DD. It simply said, "I love you today". That is kind of a family thing we do. Randy and I started it. Saying "I love you" seemed so generic so we added the 'today" part to make it specific to right now, in the moment, and all day today. We didn't realize the kids had picked up on it until they were adults. On rare occasions I'll get a little "I love you today" from DD and it makes my day. Especially this time cause I don't know how she knew I was having a rough day. I guess it is that mysterious bond between mother and daughter where you just know stuff.

The other nice surprise was that it was a co-worker's birthday today. I had no idea she was born on St. Patrick's Day. So we took her to lunch. Of course I went to the restaurant's web site, looked at the menu and decided on what I was to eat beforehand. It is amazing that that was the first thing I thought of when they told me we were going out for lunch. I focused on planning ahead what I could eat so when ordering time came around I was confident. (Had the Pressed Veggie Sandwich for 3 points). This is a whole new way of thinking about food for me. And I am finding eating out pretty easy so far.

Surprise number three was an unexpected phone call from my best friend (who moved out of town and left me - whine). It's always so good to hear her voice and she was so excited about some quilting projects she has going. She is a good big younger than me and quilts like a demon. Our Dads passed away within months of each other. This weekend she came home, got some of his clothes and is making quilts from them. I can hardly wait to see the finished product. I'd wanted to do that with some of Daddy's but I have limited sewing ability.

So that's been my day. Sweet that I heard from my bestest friend. Sweet that I got to have lunch out with the girls. And Sweeter that my Baby Girl loves me.


No comments: