Monday, March 29, 2010

That's My Girl

We celebrated Baby Girl's birthday yesterday. She brought some of her cutwork over for us to see. I saw the pictures she posted on Facebook but had not seen the real deal. There is a BIG difference.

I was blown away by the intricate detail. Can't believe she has the patience to do that but she loves it. There was one entitled "Rain Barrel" that I thought was one of her best pieces. There is a border with vines and flowers. Inside is a downspout emptying into a stripped rain barrel. The top layer is black and then there are layers and layers of color underneath. It's the same with the Queen of Hearts she did. She took a regular playing card, drew the design much bigger - about 9" x 10" - and did the cutwork in multiple layers.

I guess someone else does this type of work but I've never seen it. I hope she shows her work at Sautee. Having seen her work in person I'm like her DH's Grandmother - she should be selling this stuff.

I am so glad she is using a talent she has discovered. Nothing makes you feel quite like it. Her Daddy wanted her to play music. She did, then put it down. I wanted her to write. She did, then put it down. This is her own thing and I hope she keeps it up for a lifetime.

Later.....

No comments: