Friday, February 25, 2011

I've been so busy with the new food blog I feel that I have neglected my diary blog.  It's been a good week.  I got to spend some fun time with Aunt Cindy shopping in Cumming.  We went to this store called Charming Charlie's.  It is unusual because the items - clothes, jewelry, handbags, shoes, etc, - are arranged by color.  It was so fun to browse around the different color palettes.





The weather has been beautiful this week.  I haven't even worn a coat.  Right now the sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful shade of light blue.

At Christmas Ben gave me a gift certificate to Barnes & Nobel.  I looked online and found a wonderful bamboo lap desk.  It arrived today and I have my computer sitting on it even as we speak.  I also ordered a tiny travel mouse.  I was getting a little tired of using the pad on the computer.  And I am writing more and more lately so it is important to be comfortable.


I have a food story to tell.  I love to watch Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods.  He'll try any food once, the grosser the better.  This morning he ate some squirming octopus tentacles.  He said he loved the way they wiggled around in his mouth.  Yuck.  I was telling Mom the story and then told her about the tongue I plan to order when Randy and I go to dinner Saturday night.  She proceeded to tell me she had eaten pig tongue before.  Grandmother boiled the offal parts of the pig, tongue, ears, feet, etc. with herbs and spices then formed it into a loaf.  When cool they cut it into slices and made sandwiches from it.  Mom called it Souse.  I Googled souse and learned that what they made was more like head cheese.  Souse is pickled.  Head cheese is not.  Anyway that was the new thing I learned today.  My mom has eaten tongue.

Deborah Ridings, my dear friend, co-worker and cousin, is at the hospital today waiting on her soon to be daughter-in-law to give birth to Deb's third grandchild.  THREE !!  The woman has THREE!!  And I don't have one yet. I'll be an old woman by the time I have grandchildren.  That's ok though, I don't want to rush the kids.

I'm really loving writing again.  It's as if the new meds woke me up from a long, long sleep.  It feels good.  I may not be the best writer in town but it makes me happy to do it.  And life is too short not to do the things that make you happy and content. 

Later...

No comments: