Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Milestone

Greetings from The (hungry) Hill,

When doc put me on my new meds there were a couple of side effects.  First, and most annoying, the meds made me sleepy so I had to cut the dose in half to even function.

The second side effect decreased my appetite. I just really never got hungry. 

While the side effects began immediately the benefits of the meds did not.  It took about 3 weeks or so for the migraines to decrease and the anti-depressant effects to kick in.  Once that happened, I began to feel much better.  I felt happier, more content, more creative, really like my old self - the one that has been missing for years.  However I still didn't have an appetite, until yesterday that is.

Something weird kicked in yesterday and I was actually hungry.  I ate a decent breakfast and lunch like I usually do.  For a while now once I get home I'm just not hungry for supper.  But yesterday I couldn't get enough to eat.  I just piled it in.  It felt so good!!  Of course if I keep this pace up I'll have to come out of Weight Watcher's maintenance and go back to watching my points.  But that's OK.

Not sure how long this will last.  Not even sure I'll be hungry today.  We'll see. In the meantime - bon appétit.

Later ...

No comments: