Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thrift Store Treasure

Greetings from The (thrifty) Hill,

The day we brought our new living room set home I knew the table in the kitchen (behind the love seat) had to go.  Suddenly it took up too much room and was the place everything was dropped on so it was always cluttered.  The solution was to get rid of the table and find a sideboard.  And so, the search began.

First stop was to search Google images to find out what my preference was.  Found out I wanted simple lines with a touch of architectural detail, light wood and plenty of storage. 

So with this information in hand the foot (and finger) work began.  Craig's list and EBay were first.   There was some sweet stuff out there but not at a price I was willing to pay.  Then I began my search at every local store in Jasper.  Antique stores, flea markets, thrift stores, and yard sales.  Jasper is blessed with several thrift stores and I began visiting literally every day.  I knew that one day the right piece would be just around a corner.  I had also opened the search to include bedroom dressers that might fill the bill.

Yesterday I was back at the thrift store looking once again.  Stuff arrives daily and the right piece could show up at any time.  And then, there it was.

 It met my criteria perfectly.  It was indeed a dresser that was the exact size and shape I needed.  The best part????  Only $25.00.  Don't we love thrift stores???





Yep, dresser turned sideboard.  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.  The table was moved to the back porch.  I will show you that project later.  The table that WAS on the porch is getting taken to the thrift store and the cycle continues.

Looking forward to reading about your thrift store, yard sale finds.

Later...

1 comment:

JunkYard Gypsy said...

Great find. I think dressers make great sideboards. I use a dresser in my living room for my TV/Stereo. Works great, I love the height. No handles very streamline & contemporary. Hope you find your footstool.

Ciao, JunkYard Gypsy