Monday, May 30, 2011

Lazy Weekend

Greetings from The (Holiday Weekend) Hill,

I have not missed the purpose of this weekend.  My Daddy was a Navy vet and remembering those who are gone, in the line of service or not, is why we have this holiday.

The weekend began spending time with my Mom.  I love hanging out with her.  I took her to the beauty shop to get a perm.  While there I happened to meet the daughter of a friend of mine.  She and I had never met before and it was a delight getting to know her.  She talked about her "Poppy" tattoo and told me all about him and how special he was to her.  She told me how awesome her Mom and Daddy are.  Turns out her Mom and I have some things in common.  She is a thrift store shopper.

Saturday evening the photographer brought over the proofs of our photo shoot.  There was not a bad pic in the bunch.  Here are a few of my favs.

My beloved better half.

DD and I


DS and Ran behind the home place chicken coop

The two of us
Sunday after church I was so lazy.  All I did was take a nap and visit with DS who came over to do laundry.

Today Ran and I plan to go thrift store shopping (if they are open).  Once the living room began to take shape I realized I need a foot stool.  I want one that is fabric so the cat can't harm it.  It would be nice if it had dark wooden legs.  I don't care about the shape but it needs to be fairly small.  And so the adventure begins.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday.  Be safe and if you know and love a vet tell them you love them and you are glad they are here and say Thank you for all they went through.

Later...

No comments: