Saturday, May 14, 2011

Touches of Spring

 Greetings from The Hill,

When I read the book written about Dave Thomas of Wendy's there was one concept that has stayed with me ever since.  Dave wanted his restaurants to look clean and was a firm believer in a coat of paint to spruce things up.

I typically do a little redecorating every Spring and Fall just to spruce things up.  Sometimes it's something small like adding new pillows or place mats and sometimes it's big involving repainting and purchasing additional pieces of furniture and accessories.



This spring I've done everything but paint.  We purchased new living room furniture so that meant we had to rearrange our room entirely.  I like the new arrangement.  I've always heard decorators say that a small room can carry big pieces.  The furniture we chose proves that true.  It is so much bigger than our other couches yet it feels we have more space than before.




Then today I visited our local discount (read "dollar") store for a box of Swiffer sheets and came home with tons of new things that make the house more welcoming for spring.  I bought a new welcome mat for the front door and a scatter rug for the living room but most of the items I purchased were for the kitchen.

This season I am drawn to a green, pear and orange theme.  This little shot glass was my inspiration.

(Yes, I know these are lemons)




So while I was at the store I found this kitchen towel.  Pear, green and orange.  Something about that color combination just grabbed me.  So I went looking further.



Then I found this rug.















Next was a new table cloth for the snack table.

















And finally I changed out the place mats on the table.




















It's a little matchy, matchy than I usually do but I like it and that's all that matters.  And there you have it.  My new color scheme for spring.

Later...

No comments: